Thursday, August 29, 2019

Bagel Cafe - Jerusalem

Some people say that good food is about good timing, but I also think it may be about naming.  My five-year-old son was INSISTENT on ordering Shakshuka.  I warned him that probably wasn't what he wanted but he was really sure.  As this wasn't my first rodeo, I ordered a kid's bagel and egg for 'myself' and made the Shakshuka request for Mr. 5-Year-Old.

Now, where did he ever get an idea for ordering Shakshuka?  Perhaps modeling in the home??? Nonetheless, the dish arrived and he proclaimed that this wasn't what he ordered. Apparently, there was five-year-old language confusion between Shakshuka and a fruit shake.  (My 11 year old know it all said that she knew that's what he really wanted but I wasn't listening).



Bagel Cafe's strength is their bagels - which, when toasted do provide for a nice complement to reasonable Shakshuka. The appearance didn't seem to give a balanced egg/sauce ratio but this does not reflect the actual consistency.  Looking now, the appearance looks very lopsided.  Good onions, not too tart and the eggs were cooked right.  This is not destination Shakshuka - but dipping the toasted bagel was nice way to finish off a lunch that I wasn't planning to eat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home